Do you know.. That mushrooms (excluding the poisonous ones of course) are in fact very beneficial to our health besides just tasting and smelling good. This is because they are rich in polysaccharides. According to the science of Nutritional Immunology (NI), there are three key disease-fighting nutrients which our immune system needs: antioxidants, phytochemicals and … More Mushrooms – A Powerful Superfood!
Do you know? Cactus and cactus fruit are edible. It is highly regarded in TCM where its history can be traced back to Beng Cao Gang Mu Shi Yi written during Qing dynasty. For instance, cactus is noted for its promotion of the flow of qi (vital energy) and blood circulation. Cactus contains abundant nutrients, … More Cactus – An Incredible Superfood!
Are you surprised? I am not. The recent news article by Straits Times (link: http://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/cancer-could-kill-60-more-women-by-2030) highlights that women are “increasingly exposed to known cancer risk factors “associated with rapid economic transition”… such as physical inactivity, unhealthy diet, obesity and reproductive factors”. Indeed, these are part and parcel of the challenges we face in our modern … More News Flash – Cancer could kill 60% more women by 2030
Sharing my mum’s experience.. Like most senior citizens, my mum suffers from osteoarthritis in both knees. She experienced pain while walking, let alone climbing up or down steps. The doctor has given her glucosamine, pain killer and has even advised for knee replacement several years back. She also goes for weekly acupuncture and physiotherapy but … More Do You Know the Human Body can Produce Glucosamine?
Breakfast is the most important meal to start the day! After 6-8 hours of sleep, our body is starved and will readily absorb anything that is fed to it. Hence, it is important to eat a nutritious meal for optimum nourishment. In addition to drinking a cup of water to rehydrate your body after a … More What is an Ideal Choice for Breakfast?
Welcome to the club! All of us are millionaire. Try adding up the cost of organ transplants and you will know why.. Have you been giving your body the necessary maintenance? Since the day we were born, our body has been working non-stop for us. Have you been feeding it with important disease-fighting nutrients (synthetic vitamins … More Do you know you are a Millionaire?
I love my food! Singapore is a food heaven. There are plenty of choices to pick for lunch but there is one thing in common – the lack of vegetables (excluding salad of course). Have you ever wondered how to have a balanced diet and yet skip the synthetic multivitamins? Vegecolor – the best of … More Vegecolor – Goodness of 28 Vegetables at your Convenience!
Based on the concept of Nutritional Immunology (NI), superfoods are stringently-selected plant foods for their disease-fighting nutrients like antioxidants, phytochemicals and polysaccharides. Below are various factors taken into consideration in selecting and processing superfoods. Plant Species There are over 80 species of ginger and at least 1,000 varieties of mulberry. Though similar in characteristics, different species contain … More What are Superfoods?
Our immune system is the best doctor on earth! Nutritional Immunology (NI) is a science that studies the link between nutrition and the immune system. The immune system is made up of several organs akin to an army of soldiers within us. An immune system which is well nourished with superfoods will be able to … More What is Nutritional Immunology?
The truth is.. If you are currently taking any form of supplements, they are most probably synthetic (i.e. man-made/artificial). But hang on.. didn’t the label say it’s natural? Well.. “natural” just means some percentage (typically 10%) of the supplement pill is derived/extracted from a natural source (e.g. lemon). The remaining 90% of the pill is … More Are you aware of the difference between Synthetic vs Wholesome supplements?