Do you know?
- Cactus and cactus fruit are edible.
- It is highly regarded in TCM where its history can be traced back to Beng Cao Gang Mu Shi Yi written during Qing dynasty. For instance, cactus is noted for its promotion of the flow of qi (vital energy) and blood circulation.
- Cactus contains abundant nutrients, antioxidants, phytochemicals and polysaccharides. In fact, it has 10,000 phytochemicals vs an orange which only has 100 phytochemicals.
- Cactus pads are best harvested earlier in the day for low acidity which is better for health.
- Processing involves isolation of cactus gel which must be filtered to remove seeds and cellulose. Cactus gel oxidizes rapidly therefore processing such as particle filtration, microfiltration, and ultrafiltration must be done quickly to maintain optimal nutritional value.
Cactus is an incredible superfood because it..
1) Fights against cancer
Cancer is often caused by mutation of cells due to oxidative stress. The antioxidant activity of cactus fruit is actually 7x more powerful than vitamin c which helps to reduce oxidative stress. Cactus is also rich in phytochemicals and polysaccharides. Phytochemicals are plant chemicals unique to each plant which protect the plants from sunlight and ensure their survival. Different phytochemicals help to inhibit different tumor formation processes. Cactus has 10,000 phytochemicals which implies 10,000 different ways to stop cancer formation!
2) Soothes inflammation
Cactus contains beta-sitosterol, an anti-inflammatory phytochemical that aids in wound healing. It accelerates tissue regeneration by inhibiting inflammation, stimulating the creation of new blood vessels, and stimulating fibroblasts (cells that aid in wound healing) to move to the wound area and speed up collagen formation. Therefore, it is very beneficial for people who suffer from inflammation. Aside from obvious cases such as arthritis, many diseases (e.g. autoimmune disease) are actually due to chronic inflammation within the human body.
Cactus also brings about a plethora of benefits such as promoting cardiovascular health, protecting against diabetes, lowering high blood pressure, decreasing anxiety, improving skin condition and protecting stomach and gastrointestinal tract.
Focus on what matters..
Health is the most important asset which we should all invest in. Without health, we will not be able to work, to spend quality time with family or simply to achieve the things which we want to do. If health is an issue to you or your family right now, it is time to take action to understand more about Nutritional Immunology (NI). Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result!
For instance, cactus is an incredible superfood that has so much to offer in terms of strengthening the immune system thus fighting against various diseases (e.g. cancer, autoimmune). Furthermore, we are able to obtain this incredible superfood safely and conveniently (e.g. Oxyginberry, Millennium), all thanks to Dr Jau-Fei Chen’s dedication to Nutritional Immunology (NI) research and commitment to excellent quality and safety. Hence, start taking charge of your health and start living!
Do feel free to reach out to me if you would like to know more about NI or where to get wholesome superfoods for better health. Share if you find this post useful 🙂
YingYing • +65 9199 6825 • firstname.lastname@example.org