Does less popular mean less safe?
Many people seem to have jumped to the conclusion that popularity = safety and vice versa. However, one will realize that factors contributing to product popularity and product safety are very different. Popularity is driven by advertisement whereas safety is driven by the manufacturing processes and tests put in place. Let us take a look at E.Excel commitment to product safety and quality standards..
1) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
GMP is a stringent set of guidelines adopted to govern the manufacturing processes to ensure quality assurance to consumers. GMP standard is expected to be met by manufacturers of pharmaceutical drugs regardless of whether they manufacture in Singapore or overseas. Health Sciences Authority (HSA) carries out audit on GMP manufacturers to ensure standards are met.
Although E.Excel is a health food manufacturer, it has chosen to adhere to GMP as well to give extra comfort to its customers.
2) Extensive Laboratory Safety Testing
Below is the list of extensive safety testing carried out by E.Excel:
- Microbial content (ie. E.coli, Yeast & Mold, Enterobateria, Salmonella spp. etc)
- Heavy metal content (i.e. Mercury, Copper, Lead, Arsenic, Cadmium)
- Pesticides or chemical fertilizers – ensuring the raw material is ORGANIC
- Chemical poisons – 1,822 tests to ensure no contamination from water sources from animal or factory wastes by narcotics, steroid drugs, banned drugs and human growth hormones
- Microscopic tests – ensuring no contamination from dust, hair or wires
- Finished product testing – state of the art visual inspection machines and checkweighers are used to accurately detect foreign objects such as metals, glass, plastic, stones and hair in products
- Stability testing – to ensure product quality does not change during validity period stated on product label
3) Unique Specific Tests
Depending on ingredients used, unique specific test are done:
- Gene Modification test is carried out on soy. Only non-GMO, high protein content soy is used
- Antibiotics are tested for in all honey, royal jelly and pollen to ensure they are not present before use in production.
- Caffeine is tested in Aromantic and Triflora. To ensure no caffeine in aromantic, while ensuring minimum caffeine in triflora despite use of green tea leaves.
- Melamine is tested for ever since the melamine-tainted milk powder scandal in China.
- Sulphur-smoking is used commonly to repel bugs and extend shelf life of ginseng. However, the sulphur dioxide residues can cause serious harm to health if ingested. E.Excel does not use sulphur-smoked ginseng and tests to ensure absence of sulphur.
- Careful selection of Packaging Material is carried out to ensure packaging is stable and does not affect the contents.
4) Safe and Clean Production Environment
This is done by controlling:
- Water quality
- Automated Production
An objective benchmark – AVA Food Safety Excellence Award!
Be a wise consumer. You are what you eat. Popular ≠ safe and less popular ≠ less safe
YingYing • +65 9199 6825 • firstname.lastname@example.org